Friday, February 22, 2008

Chronic Laziness

The thing about writing a blog on careers and success is that I'm not totally fascinated by all of this. I'd rather write bad poems or rants about why they ought to just give me a degree already.

I don't like school so much i'm starting to find. I'm just not motivated to do any of the work.

I'm beginning to think I should have been a marketing or business major. I like English, but I just don't find focused enough to do the reading. Besides, I've given up my dreams of becoming the next Jack Kerouac.

2 comments:

----t h rive---- said...

Then make your blog include your struggles with school interests, as with this post.

You also have a potential theme re: you're good at making music, but feel you have to look for corporate employment.

Graduating with a polisci major was just as crap for me (minor in english).

Anna said...

Hi there,
I think I have a few inspiration ideas for you.
Motivation-wise, try LifeHacker.com and zenhabits.net to help you get through this last year. It has tips like how to get more organized so you can find time for the poetry and whatever you like.
Music-wise, try the forum http://www.musesmuse.com/forums/index.php Meet some musicians and see how they make music and work for a living. And of course, improve the poetry!
Good luck with everything.